Saturday, November 12, 2022

Traveling Through


 

“You’re not from around here, are you?”  I get that a lot.  When I moved to Chattanooga in 1967 to go to college, my roommates said that I talked like a Yankee.  But when I moved to Michigan in 1971 to be near my fiancée, a lady at the church said that I talked like a hillbilly.  I am from Maryland and my parents are from West Virginia, so my accent is a rather mixed one.  But whether I sound like a Yankee or a hillbilly depends on where you are from, not me.  The truth is, I am just a pilgrim passing through on my way to heaven.  This world is not my home.  My home is not Michigan, Tennessee, Maryland, nor West Virginia; my home is heaven, and I am nearer that home each day that I live.  Paul said in II Corinthians 5:6&8, “Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.”  I am like Paul; I am at home in my body here, but I wish I were at home with my dear Lord.  And even if I live to be an old, old man, I will be at home with my Lord very soon.  Hey, are you ready to meet Him?  Is heaven your ultimate home?  I hope so.  Message me if you aren’t sure about your eternal home.  Let’s talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment