Friday, November 11, 2022

Warning!


 

When I was a kid, I liked to ride my bicycle.  Actually, my whole family had bicycles and we would ride them together.  My dad had a seat for my little brother on the front of his bicycle, but the other three boys and my mom had their own bicycles.  We would ride about three miles up to Tilly’s store and buy R.C. Colas, take a rest, and then ride home.  It was uphill most of the way there and downhill most of the way back.  Of course, us three boys liked to pedal fast and leave our parents behind.  But we knew not to get too far ahead.  We rode “with the traffic” on the same side of the road as the cars, so when a car approached from behind, the one in the back (usually my mom) would yell, “Car!”  Then each one ahead would pass on the warning and yell, “Car!” until we all were aware of the danger.  What a great concept for us Christians.  The Lord has given us the gift of salvation, but there are other fellow travelers in this world who are not aware of the danger they face: eternity without God.  We should yell out, “Warning!  Heaven or Hell is ahead!”  Paul reminded us in in II Corinthians 5:11 that “… we persuade men …”  Hey, are you warning unsuspecting people about their eternal danger ahead?  I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment