Thursday, November 17, 2022

Fresh Eyes

 


I have a Sudoku book in the bathroom for … well, I just have a Sudoku book in the bathroom that I work on.  I usually like Kappa brand books because their puzzles are predictable: easy, medium, hard, and expert.  I found a cheap Sudoku book at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet, but after I had started working on the puzzles, I realized that all of them were extremely hard.  Even the puzzles labeled easy were hard.  And what’s worse, they have this square beside each puzzle that says, “Time Taken”.  I have to write my time down in days, not minutes.  Oh, well …  But I have noticed that if I leave a puzzle and come back sometime later, I can find a number or two because I am looking at it with fresh eyes.  And there’s a lesson in that for you.  If you are facing a problem or mulling over a decision, put it away for a while and take it back up again later, and look at it with fresh eyes.  So, how about your spiritual life?  The same thing applies.  Stop and take inventory.  Are you where you want to be with God?  If not, look at your relationship with the good Lord with fresh eyes.  Where do you want to be and where do you feel that God wants you to be?  God is waiting for you to get back to where you should be.  Jeremiah said in Lamentations 3:22&23, “It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.”  Hey, God is good.  Get back to Him.  You’ll be glad that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment