Friday, March 10, 2023

Bargain


Last week I went to Walmart to get some bread and lunch meat.  After I got the meats, I stopped by the day-old display and found a package of store-baked rolls.  Great!  I got store-baked rolls at half the price: $2.92 for ten!  I enjoyed a roll that afternoon loaded with my lunch meat.  Two days later, I got out the bag of rolls to make me a sandwich but discovered mold on the one at the end of the bag.  After closer inspection, I found mold on all of the remaining nine rolls.  As I threw away the bag, I thought of how expensive that one roll was.  No more will I buy marked-down rolls, no matter how low the price.  It isn’t worth it.  Proverbs 20:14, “It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.”  The baker sells a bargain and I buy a bargain, but only the baker knows how old his rolls are.  I don’t.  So, buyer beware.  And I will.  But, that one roll sure was good …

 

No comments:

Post a Comment