Thursday, March 9, 2023

The Future


 

The Friday weather forecast had severe storms moving in around school dismissal time, so most local school systems opted to close all day Friday (no one complains about a long weekend).  I was in Chick fil-A eating breakfast at 10:20 when five high school boys walked in.  It was obvious that they were enjoying their day off, but I knew that their day was going to get even better.  “How did I know that?” you might ask.  Well, I know from experience that breakfast closes at 10:30 and at 10:40 the staff brings around free chicken biscuits and chicken minis for everyone to enjoy.  I sat at my table all smug, snickering to myself while watching the clock on my cellphone.  I heard the boys at the table behind me laughing and enjoying the morning.  And promptly at 10:40, Bunny and Regina came around with a tray full of sandwiches.  I demurred, taking one and listened as the ladies asked the boys behind me, “Would you boys like a free chicken biscuit or chicken minis?”  The boys eagerly agreed and grabbed their spoils.  They couldn’t believe their good fortune!  You might argue that I knew the future, but I just knew what should happen based upon past experience.  Only the dear Lord really knows the future and He is up in heaven snickering knowing what good things He has planned for Gerald Whitely.  I know this because God really loves me and has nothing but my best interest in mind.  David said in Psalm 84:11, “For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.”  God has unlimited resources and unlimited love for His children.  I’m glad to be called one of God’s children.  Hey, are you one of God’s children?

No comments:

Post a Comment