Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Last Night ...


Last night, I stopped by the grocery store to pick up a few items.  When I started to pull out of their driveway onto Dietz Road, I checked left and right for traffic … except that I forgotten that the city has been working on Dietz Road for three months and the road to the right is closed.  It was either a senior moment, an ingrained driving habit, or both.  Hey, it’s not a bad habit to check, but in this case, no one could have possibly come from the right through the huge ditch and the orange barricades.  It’s just a matter of habit.  I remember the time when my dad and I stopped at McDonald’s for a snack.  We ordered, and my dad asked for black coffee.  The cashier said, “Do you want any cream or sugar?”  The cashier was like me.  My dad had just said, “Black coffee,” but the cashier didn’t hear or didn’t think.  The cashier was in the habit of asking about the cream and sugar, and was just following learned instincts.  Again, not a bad thing, but a better thing would have been to listen and to think.  But, then again, listening and thinking are a lost art today.  Hey, do you listen to God?  Or do you just pray to God when you want stuff from Him?  Let’s have a reality check: Who is the created being and Who is the Creator of the universe?  I thought so.  Ask God what He wants and then listen to what He says.  Obey the Holy Spirit, and your day will be much better.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment