Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Fingernail Nick


 

Saturday, I was working and nicked one of my fingernails.  My ring finger nail grows with a split in it, but this was another problem on my middle finger.  (My little grandsons reminded me not to use the middle finger.  Oh my!)  And Saturday night when I was in the shower, washing my hair, my hair kept catching in that nick in my finger nail.  I tried to hold the finger up and scrub my scalp using only the other fingers, but I just couldn’t hold my middle finger up independently.  After investigating online, I found that the middle finger is the weakest of all of the fingers.  And it is the tallest!  I would have thought that it would have been stronger.  Try this:  on a flat surface, hold your pointer finger down on the second joint, and then try to lift each other finger.  The little finger is hard to lift up, the ring finger is really hard to lift up, but the tall finger is impossible to lift up!  The same is true in life with people.  Often, the loudest person is the most insecure person.  The outgoing person is the one who grew up in a broken home.  Paul said in Ephesians 4:32, “And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.”  Remember to be kind to everyone.  Those who seem confident may not be.  And the troublemaker may only be acting out to cover up a difficult home life.  Hey, love one another.  Make a difference in your world.

No comments:

Post a Comment