Sunday, March 5, 2023

She Was Right


 

My wife and I have gone back and forth about me parking my pick-up truck in the front yard.  Oh, there is enough room for the car and truck in the driveway, but I don’t have any room to do my woodworking if I park the truck in front of the two-car garage (which is full of my tools.  Oops.).  The front yard is a bit steep and when it rains, like it did this week, I have a hard time making it in and out of the front yard without leaving ruts in the grass.  So, when I got back home Saturday afternoon, I got a running start at the bottom of the hill and coasted up into the yard and set my parking brake putting the transmission into park.  But the brake didn’t hold, and I rolled backwards.  So I let off the brake, put the transmission into reverse, and rolled back down the driveway to take another try.  But when I got down the driveway a bit, I saw the problem.  The brake had been set and the transmission had been locked, but my tires were just sliding in the muddy sod.  So, I just drove up the driveway and parked on the side … like my dear wife prefers.  But now there are two deep ruts in the front yard and mud aplenty in the driveway to show that she was right.  May I take a moment to say that I have learned my lesson?  At least until the front yard dries up a bit.  Solomon talked about wisdom in Proverbs 1:7, “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.”  I’m not a fool, so I will be instructed … by my wife and by the dear Lord.  Both know much more than I do.  Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment