Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Perfect


 

My wife and I liked to go to Your Pie pizza shop in Ft. Oglethorpe.  And that was exactly what it was: it was your pie.  You decided what type of crust you wanted, what type of sauce, and what toppings that you wanted.  I got white bread, marinara sauce, fresh mozzarella, mushrooms, ground beef, onions, salt, pepper, and oregano.  It was perfect.  As a matter of fact, my wife often remarked, “This is the best pizza that I have ever had!”  And well it should be, because it had exactly all of the toppings that we would select for the perfect pizza.  And isn’t that the way it is in life? I usually say, “Well, Mr.So-And-So thinks he is always right, but this is what I think …”  But in reality, each of us think that we are right.  Otherwise, we would change our opinion.  We think that we dress perfectly, we think that our political candidate is the best, and we think that our taste in food and drink is impeccable.  And of course, we would.  If we didn’t, we would change.  My problem and your problem is our pride.  Proverbs 13:10,“Only by pride cometh contention …”  We need to work on looking at politics, fashion, and taste in pizza from the other person’s perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment