Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Unspoken Prayer Requests


 

Seven years ago, I made a rolling stand for the microwave in the school cafeteria.  The students at Calvary Christian school needed the microwave to be at eye-level for lunchtime.  So, I made a four-sided box out of ¾” plywood about three feet high.  I put a bottom in the box to have something to mount the casters on.  And with a bottom, top, and four sides, the box was completely enclosed with no way to access the inside.  But then the Lord gave me an idea: I made a slot on the side near the top and told the students that the slot was for “unspoken prayer requests”.  Anyone could write their most personal prayer request on a piece of paper and slide it into the box, and it could never come out.  Only God would know what the request was.  And I believe that God hears and answers prayer!  Jesus himself said in Matthew 7:7, “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment