Sunday, March 26, 2023

In Trouble Once Again

Watch what you say.  I know that to be true, because I am good at saying the wrong thing … at the right time.  Six years ago, I got into my van outside of Chick fil-A in Vienna, WV, started the engine, put the van into reverse.  As I began to back out, I looked in my side rear-view mirror and saw a girl standing pulling her open car door close to herself so that I would not back into her door.  Or so I thought.  As I eased the van back, I pleasantly called out, “Oh, you’re fine; I’m watching”.  But as I backed out a little further, I noticed that her boyfriend was in the back seat changing his pants right there in the car.  I wanted to correct myself with, “No, I’m not watching,” but as usual, the damage was already done.  I just backed on out and hoped never to see the couple again.  Oh, well …  Have you ever said something that just came out the wrong way?  Or have you ever caught yourself mid-sentence, and just wanted to reel your words back in?  James said in James 3:2, “For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.”  James was clear: we all offend in what we say.  My goal is to limit my offenses.  Hey, today, guard your lips.  Be careful what you say.  P.S. No picture today  ;<)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment