Sunday, March 19, 2023

The Perfect Day

 

“Dear Lord, thank you for this perfect day that you have given me.  Everything is going great, and I have had no conflicts.  But now I am going to get out of bed …”  Can you relate to this prayer?!  Things are perfect when you are in your cozy little bed at home, but we all have to live in this world filled with other people who all want to tell us what to do.  Why are bosses so unreasonable?  Why do we have to be at work on time?  Why can’t we text and shop online at the work computer?  Why do teachers insist on us staying awake in class?  Why have homework and tests?  And why does my spouse not understand me?  Like the old man said, “If you’re rubbing the cat the wrong way, turn the cat around.”  Could it be YOU that is the problem?  Oh my, now I’ve said it!  Often, we can see the shortcomings in others, but we are oblivious to the shortcomings in ourselves.  Luke 6:31, “And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.”  Today, try to see things from the other person’s perspective.  Think of your boss dealing with lazy workers.  Think of your teacher trying to motivate lazy students.  Think of your overworked spouse trying to survive.  Hey, let’s empathize, and have a better day … for you and for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment