Friday, March 31, 2023

Only Child


I have two grandchildren in college, and It’s hard to realize how old I have become.  My baby boy turned 42 years old this past January!  He hates when I call him my baby boy, but I do it just because I can.  But, if he is 42, that means that I must be … well, … let’s just say that I’m getting old.  I remember when my dear wife, Kathy, was pregnant with our second child, Phillip.  She anxiously said, “I love our daughter Becky so much.  I don’t know if I can love another baby too.”  But she did.  When Phillip was born, Kathy didn’t have to cut her love in half for the second baby, she just seemed to have more love for both of them.  And the third, and the fourth.  Her love for the first one was not diminished; her love just grew with each one.  Hey, that’s just the way it is with God.  With each sinner born into God’s forever family, His love just grows and grows and grows.  Actually, God loved us WHILE we were sinners, even BEFORE we became His children.  Romans 5:8, But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”  And every moment of each day, God carefully listens to the prayers of millions of His children all at the same time.  He can, because He is God.  But when I pray to God, I feel as if I were God’s only child and He is attentively listening to my each and every word that I say.  And He does.  And God listens to you as if you were His only child!  The dear Lord is attentive to you, … and to you, … and to you, …

 

No comments:

Post a Comment