Tuesday, July 18, 2023

A Good Marriage

 


My wife and I can’t agree on the thermostat.  The heart of the problem is her Plavix, which thins her blood and keeps her cold.  I am normal (well, at least my body is) so I am always hot.  But we do agree on our shopping.  Let me explain: when we go to Aldi’s for groceries, I leave her in her wheelchair on the odds-and-ends aisle, and I go to pick up the frozen items on her list.  And when I poke my head into the cooler looking for the Cool Whip, I am in heaven.  I had no idea that looking for frozen vegetables would be so luscious!  She thinks that I am being kind to her giving her extra time to shop, but I am wallowing in the cold air in front of the frozen pizza door.  Who would have ever known that Aldi’s would be good marriage therapy?!  Philippians 2:3, “Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.”  I am glad that my wife lets me keep the house cold and she is glad that I let her sit outside on the deck and bask in the sun.  Hey, it’s been 51 great years together!  I love you, dear, and let’s go shopping at Aldi’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment