Sunday, July 16, 2023

Generation Gap

 Dianne and Ken were visiting us from South Georgia, and we were discussing the new generation vs. the old generation. Of course, we are experts on the older generation and how the newer generation has no manners or Christian standards. But we all agreed that those of us of the older generation were good at pushing our preferences on the younger folk. Things like wearing a tie to church, not wearing a ball cap inside, and fashions in clothing. But isn’t it much more important to keep communication open with younger folk than to push external preferences? I can’t see their heart; only the dear Lord sees the heart. What I may see as rebellion may just be the youthful culture. Really, I am the only one who knows my heart. The teen sitting near me in church may love the Lord but be dressed improperly (according to me). But, what about their heart? The teen sitting near me in church may love the Lord more than I do! Jesus said in Luke 6:45, “A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.” I look on the outward appearance, but God looks on the heart. So, do you think that God sees my judgmental heart? And do you think that God sees your judgmental heart? I’m just sayin’ …

No comments:

Post a Comment