Thursday, July 27, 2023

Birthdays

 


I had someone say to me last week, “You have so many friends on facebook!”  I was pleased, but I quickly realized that it wasn’t because I was such a good writer, it was because I was friendly.  Proverbs 18:24 says, “A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly …”  Each morning, I look at the birthday thread for the day, and send those five or so people a short “Happy Birthday” greeting.  It only takes about two minutes, but it makes them feel special.  And because I am kind to them, they read my posts.  It’s simple and God’s Words in proverbs are true!  But wait, there’s more!  I left off the rest of verse 24!  Proverbs 18:24 goes on to say, “… and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.”  What a blessing because that Friend is the dear Lord Himself!  I wish my friends a happy birthday, they read my post, and they think about the Lord.  The circle is complete!  Hey, have you thanked the Lord for His goodness today?  Why not do it right now?  And have you told someone else about the goodness of the Lord?  Put it on facebook right now too!  You’ll be glad that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment