Monday, July 10, 2023

Old Spice

 


My thirteen-year-old grandson was told by his mother that he needed to begin using deodorant.  The next day, they were shopping, and Bennett’s mother suggested some Old Spice deodorant.  Bennett immediately rejected it saying, “Old Spice is for old men.”  His mother said, “What makes you think that Old Spice is for old men?”  To which Bennett replied, “I saw it in granddaddy’s bathroom.”  Oh, well.  I would get upset, but Bennett is right.  He saw my mustache paste on my bathroom counter, and I am 73 years old.  That reminds me that when the dear Lord confronts me about my sin (through an honest preacher), I often get offended.  But I should not.  When a preacher identifies my sin in his message, instead of being offended, I should repent, because the preacher is right.  I am a sinner and I do have sins.  It’s as simple as that.  I Corinthians 1:18, “For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.”  And when the Holy Spirit calls me out for my sin, I should not rear back with offense, I should repent and come clean before God.  And as you read my post, what about you?  Does some secret sin deep inside of your heart come to mind?  Hey, take a moment to repent and come clean before the dear Lord.  You’ll be glad that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment