Saturday, July 1, 2023

The Youngest in the Family

 

My sister and her daughter came over for supper a while back.  Somehow, the discussion turned to a mutual friend who was a little bit selfish.  I said, “She’s that way because she is the baby in her family.”  I suddenly got three glares from the ladies around the table.  My sister is the youngest in our family.  Her daughter is the youngest of three children in her family.  And my wife is the youngest of two in her family.  But me, I am the oldest of five in my family.  You would have thought that the oldest child would have had better sense than to bring up such a dumb idea.  Solomon said in Proverbs 12:23, “A prudent man concealeth knowledge: but the heart of fools proclaimeth foolishness.”  I just need to guard my tongue.  Oh, well …

No comments:

Post a Comment