Friday, July 14, 2023

Disappointed

 


Have you ever been disappointed?  I was yesterday.  Let me explain: I received an unsolicited magazine in the mail.  I was pleased because it was a magazine that I used to get: the Family Handyman.  But when I opened the plastic wrapper, it was only an advertisement coversheet; the magazine was actually the Taste of Home, a magazine that my wife used to take.  Now I’m not against my dear wife’s food magazines (I usually benefit from them), but I was already prepared to read about the latest home repair gadgets.  My wife was pleasantly pleased, but I was disappointed.  Hey, have you ever been disappointed?  If you are living your life for pleasures: a fancy house, a shiny car, fine clothes, or Caribbean vacations, you are going to be disappointed some day.  Pleasures end, fancy houses eventually need repairs (get a copy of the Family Handyman), shiny cars rust, fancy clothes wear out, and Caribbean vacations … well … you get seasick and sunburned.  Satan would have you enjoy yourself and forget about the good Lord who made you.  Hey, God made you to have a relationship with Him!  And you will only find true happiness as you seek to please your Maker.  Don’t be selfish and grow old and be disappointed.  Give your life to God.  You’ll be glad that you did.  King Solomon had everything that this world had to offer, but he said in Ecclesiastes 12:1, “Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them.”  Good words, Solomon, good words.

No comments:

Post a Comment