Monday, July 17, 2023

Discussion


I went to the drug store last week and was pleasantly surprised to find that no one was in line.  I could get through quickly ...  or so I thought.  But the pharmacist and three techs were in a discussion about something.  One would say something, and the others would laugh.  Then another would say something else, and the other three would laugh.  I wanted to say, “Hey, I’m over here waiting!” but I didn’t.  I am such a nice person, you know.  Finally, the pharmacist said something, and the others went back to work.  My tech waited on me and apologized for the wait.  I said, “Well, sometimes we just need to discuss things,” giving her an excuse.  She replied, “I like to talk, but not about religion.”  Evidently the four workers were having a good discussion until the pharmacist brought up the topic of religion.  And isn’t that the way it is?!  People can have a good discussion on baseball or fishing or inflation or grandchildren.  But when the topic of religion comes up, the discussion is over.  That’s because the topic of religion leads to eternity, and most folk are uncomfortable talking about eternity, because eternity begins at death … their own death.  And that’s an uncomfortable thought for many people.  The writer of the book of Hebrews said in Hebrews 9:27, “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.”  Hey, unless the Lord comes back first, there is a 100% chance of you dying!  So, you need to discuss your death before it’s too late, or the decision about your eternal destiny will be made by default.  So, what do you think?  Message me and let’s discuss it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment