Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Naughty

 


As my sons moved out of the house, I lost my grass mowers.  So, I began to mulch more and more of the backyard under the five big pine trees.  Actually, I just quit mowing what grass there was and killed the grass/weeds that popped up.  I found a pattern for a sand box that looked like a sailing boat, so I made it for my two new grandchildren (2003).  Then I installed a tall swing on a pipe between two of the trees.  One day I was driving to Aunt Sophie’s house in Ringgold when I spied a merry-go-round up in the weeds near a private daycare.  I stopped in and asked about it.  The owner said, “Oh, it doesn’t work.  You can have it if you’ll take the teeter-totter too.”  So I did.  How nice.  A free BOGO!  When I got the merry-go-round home to my back yard, I unbolted the center pole and pulled off the platform.  I found five jump ropes tightly wound around the center pipe.  I cut them off, lubricated the center pipe, reassembled the merry-go-round, and it worked perfectly.  Thanks to some little brats at the daycare, I had two sturdy rides to add to my growing playground.  Those naughty kids reminded me of Joseph’s wicked brothers who sold him into slavery in Egypt.  But their evil act was in God’s overarching plan.  God needed to get Joseph to Egypt to position him into Pharoah’s court to change history!  Joseph told his brothers in Genesis 50:20, “But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good …” 

No comments:

Post a Comment