Sunday, January 28, 2024

A Longer Weekend

 

I wake up early and post on Facebook.  Then I turn on a small lamp to let my wife wake up slowly.  I am a morning person, and my wife likes to stay up late.  I jump out of bed in the mornings but my wife eases into the morning.  But this past Friday morning, she got up early.  I was surprised and asked her about it.  She said, “If I get up early, I can get ready earlier and get to dialysis earlier.  If they see me in the lobby early, they might take me in early and I can get off the machine early, and I can get my weekend started ten minutes early.”  Good thinking, Kathy, good thinking.  OK, let’s take a vote: who would like to have ten extra minutes added to your weekend?  I think the vote would be 100%!  Ten minutes extra on the weekend is not much, but it is better than ten minutes less!  That’s because we all like the weekend.  Hey, we may find a few moments of diversion on the weekend, but true rest still eludes us because we must start the same grind all over again Monday morning!  True peace can’t be found after five pm on Friday; true peace can only be found in Jesus Christ.  Paul said in Philippians 4:7, “And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”  We may find temporary rest on the weekend, but real rest is found only in Jesus.  And you can rest in Jesus twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week!  Yes, you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment