Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Post-It Note Witness

 


I went by the gas station Tuesday afternoon to top off the gas tank.  When we go to dialysis at 5:15 am and it’s only 6°, I don’t want to run out of gas.  So, at the gas pump, I slipped in my credit card, selected the grade, and reached for the pump nozzle when I saw a tiny Post-It note stuck conspicuously beside the nozzle.  Take a moment to look at the picture.  It was a handwritten witness note inviting me to church on Sunday.  I was proud to see it but was a little disappointed that I hadn’t thought of it myself.  I was impressed that someone had taken the time to hand write the invitation.  Then I was impressed at the cleverness in their choice of location.  And finally, I was impressed by their short personal note at the bottom, which read, “We were made not to glory in ourselves but God.”  Good thought, good witness, and good idea!  Paul said in I Corinthians 1:18, “For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.”  That little Post-It note is powerful information!  Bless the one who put it there!  Hey, be a witness for the good Lord today.  You may have a part in changing someone’s eternal destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment