Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Silly Birds!

 


Sunday morning, I went out to warm up the car.  When I opened the door and stepped out onto the back deck, the birds on the three birdfeeders scattered.  The doves on the ground flew up to the safety of the fence and the squirrels fled to the protection of the big pine trees.  I had startled them all.  Silly animals!  They fled in fear, not realizing that I was the one who had hung up those bird feeders for them!  I regularly buy birdseed and suet at Tractor Supply to keep the feeders filled so that the birds and squirrels will have food to eat.  But they were afraid of me!  Then the Holy Spirit spoke to my heart.  Why do I not trust the dear Lord?!  So often I choose to go my own way rejecting the will of the Lord.  God tells me how to live my life in the Bible, but I just don’t trust God.  I choose to go my own way.  And like the birds in my back yard, I fail to realize that God has only my best interests at heart!  David said in Psalm 18:30, “As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.”  Hey, trust God and follow His will today.  Don’t be afraid of the Lord.  He wants only what is best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment