Friday, January 19, 2024

Time is Money

 


Life is a trade-off.  I hate to scrape my upper lip with a sharp razor, so I grew a moustache.  Now I don’t have to take the sime to shave my upper lip.  But then I have to take the time to trim my moustache and keep it clean.  I think that I save time growing a beard because I don’t have to take the time to shave my face every day.  But then I have to take extra time in the shower to shampoo my beard.  Every day that I go to work, I trade 8 hours of my life for so much money.  So, every time that I go to the store and buy something, that money represents a part of my life that I have exchanged for the item that I bought.  I spend money and it is gone.  And that part of my life that I used to earn that money is also gone.  James said in James 4:14, “Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.”  Hey, use your money wisely, because it is part of your life.  And use your life wisely because someday, you will give an account of your life to the Lord.  Sobering thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment