Saturday, January 6, 2024

Entropy

 


Six years ago, I bought a bird feeder.  And then my battle with the squirrels began.  Then I bought a second bird feeder and soon a suet holder.  I didn’t want the woodpeckers to feel left out.  Finally, two weeks ago, with my old bird feeder deteriorating, I bought a replacement feeder.  But before I could retire the old one, a windstorm came and totally destroyed my second feeder.  The old one had to wait and serve a little longer.  Yesterday, I bought a second birdfeeder and finally traded the old original one out.  Hey, the birdfeeder in the picture was brand new … six years ago.  The weather, bird poo, and UV rays eventually destroyed the bird feeder.  Hey, nothing lasts forever, unless you believe in evolution.  Evolution actually teaches that things get better over time.  But my bird feeder didn’t!  Evolution just isn’t true.  Things wear out, from bird feeders to people.  Yep, I’m wearing out too.  But before you laugh, you are wearing out too!  Hey, Entropy is a law in nature.  Meditate on these unique verses: Hebrews 1:10-12, “And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands: They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment; And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.”  Great words about a Great Creator.  Do you know Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment