Saturday, January 27, 2024

Bad Decision

 


Have you ever made a bad decision that led to another bad decision and then another bad decision?  Let me explain: I found a band saw for sale on Facebook Marketplace up on Sand Mountain.  It was only $75 – a real bargain.  But after a 90-mile trip, the saw wasn’t at all what I wanted.  The man said, “I think I have another one over under my shed.”  We went to another location and started digging around in his shed.  And buried under a lot of stuff, we found a tilting head Craftsman band saw (in rough condition).  He said, “I’ll let you have this one, table and all, for $50.”  A real bargain!  So, I took it.  I didn’t want to drive all the way to Sand Mountain and come back with nothing.  But back home, my bargain became a money pit.  I found new rubber sleeves for the drive wheels on eBay and a new blade and blade guides on Amazon.  Dixie Electrical Motor Service located a motor that would fit the bolt pattern.  After soaking everything in WD-40, I got all of the moving parts moving again and finally, the bandsaw was running.  I was so proud of my work!  But when I attempted to cut a piece of wood, I had to go so slow.  The motor was too small.  And a thicker board just wouldn’t go through at all.  It was like putting a lawnmower engine into a car.  I ended up giving the band saw away to a friend (or former friend).  Hey, in life, one bad decision often leads to another bad decision to get out of the first bad decision.  But at some point, we must wake up.  Stop, go back, and make the first bad decision right.  If we would just pray about decisions first!  Solomon said in Proverbs 3:5&6, “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”  And I’m still looking for a band saw.  Does anyone out there have a good, used band saw?  Ha, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment