Thursday, January 25, 2024

Miscommunication

 


The summer of 1994, I was in Romania for a month.  On the drive back to the Munich airport, we overnighted in Salzburg, Austria.  I had gone a month without a haircut, so I found a barbershop, sat down in the chair, and greeted the hairdresser.  She spoke no English and I spoke no German.  I gestured with my thumb and finger (see picture) as I told her that I wanted a half inch off the top.  She smiled and nodded.  I sat down, she wrapped me with a cape, and she got her clippers out.  As I settled into the chair, I felt the clippers on the back of my head.  Before I realized it, she had cut a path from back to front over the top of my head LEAVING a half inch!  I was speechless, but it was too late to do anything about it!  I had a runway down the middle of my head!  I left the shop with a very short G.I. haircut!  Hey, have you ever had a miscommunication with someone?  It’s one thing to misunderstand someone, but it’s quite another thing to misunderstand God.  But there should be no misunderstanding God.  God has clear expectations for us plainly written in His Word.  So, we must read the Bible with an open mind to understand exactly what God expects of us.  Read it slowly, read it often, read it carefully, but read it … because the Bible is the written Words of God!  Hey, take time to read your Bible right now!  You’ll be glad that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment