Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Cheerios Problem

 


There’s nothing like a problem at 5:30 am.  Let me explain.  My dear wife likes to take Cheerios to dialysis in a zip lock bag.  Cheerios are relatively healthy to eat (except for the added phosphorus) and she eats them one at a time to break up her three-hour dialysis session.  But Friday morning, the Cheerio box ran out.  And when it ran out, I got the Cheerio sawdust in the bottom of the box in the zip lock bag.  Not good.  So, I dumped the bag into a cereal bowl and carefully refilled the bag leaving the sawdust in the bowl (and into the trash).  But the bag still wasn’t full, and Kathy needs all the Cheerios she can get to take up her time in the dialysis chair.  So, I finished filling the bag with my Honey Nut Cheerios.  But I didn’t want her to eat all of the sweet Cheerios on the top (Honey Nut Cheerios is code for sugar-coated Cheerios) and have bland Cheerios at the end, so I sealed the bag, tumbled the two Cheerio kinds, and mixed them up.  Then I opened the edge of the zip lock bag and pushed the surplus air out of the bag so that it would fit into the little side pocket of Kathy’s dialysis bag.  Then I had to rush because I was late.  But in the whole scheme of things, my Cheerio problem wasn’t very big.  The weary clients going into a three-hour dialysis … now that’s a bigger problem.  God told his people in Isaiah 41:10, “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”  And if you belong to the Lord, He will uphold you today too!  God will meet your needs, Cheerios or not!  Remember, you can trust the Lord today!

No comments:

Post a Comment