Thursday, January 18, 2024

Chip Bag

 


Last night, my wife had a taste for Panera tomato soup.  So, I hopped into the car and drove to Panera Bread Company.  I gave the cashier my phone number so that I could get the bonus points.  But when she looked up the number, she sheepishly said, “Katherine?”  I said, “No.  Katherine’s my wife.”  She smiled, a little relieved.  Then she asked if I wanted baguette, apple slices, or chips to go with the soup.  I said baguette and walked down to the pick-up counter to wait for my name to be called.  Yep, you guessed it.  Before God and everyone, the server called out, “Order for Katherine!”  Then it was my turn to look sheepish.  When I got home and opened the bag, they had given me a baguette and chips.  Bingo!  My wife did not want the extra stuff, so I lucked out again.  The baguette was delicious, but I couldn’t seem to get the chip bag opened.  I pulled at the top to no avail.  Then I squeezed the plump bag to pop it open.  Again, no luck.  I finally rummaged around in the pencil drawer, found a pair of scissors, and cut off the top of the chip bag.  But I had already wrestled with the bag so much that the chips were mostly crumbs.  I hate to open cereal bags for the same reason.  And the Chick fil-A after-dinner mints are the same way.  And getting a fork out of the plastic wrapper at Hardee’s is almost impossible!  Hey, I’m glad that salvation isn’t hard to access.  The Lord made salvation so simple that a child could do it!  Matthew 19:14, “But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”  I’m glad that the Lord made it simple.  Now if Panera Bread Company would make the chip bags …

No comments:

Post a Comment