Sunday, January 7, 2024

Dilemma

 


Friday morning, I faced a dilemma.  Let me explain: I got up at 4:45 am to take my dear wife to dialysis.  I had gotten to bed late Thursday evening, then tossed and turned for another hour before finally drifting off to sleep.  So just as I was getting comfy under the toasty covers, my alarm went off.  I dragged myself out of bed, posted my facebook post (thank you, very much), and went through my morning routine.  And after I dropped Kathy off at dialysis, I faced the dilemma: Go straight home and get into bed … hungry, or get a biscuit at Hardee’s and then go home tummy full … but wide awake.  So I went to Hardee’s, got a biscuit, and went straight home to get a needed nap.  But then I had this story swirling in my head and had to write it down before I could go to sleep.  Oh, well … but I am in good company, because Paul faced a dilemma too (although his dilemma was much more serious than mine):  He couldn’t decide if it was better for him to go to heaven and see the dear Lord, or to stay on earth and do the work of the Lord.  Paul said in Philippians 1:23&24, “For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.”  One way was better for him, while the other way was better for his church in Philippi.  And fortunately for all of us, Paul decided to stay … and to go on to write four more books of the New Testament, including the verses for today!  And that was much more important than my post.  Ha, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment