Friday, January 5, 2024

Unaware

 


Last week my grandson said, “Hey, Granddaddy, how did you get that huge hole in the front of your jacket!?  To which I replied, “What hole?!  Where is it?”  And he showed me a big hole burned in the front pocket of my thermal jacket.  The hole went through the hand-warmer pocket in the front and into the inner part of the jacket.  I’ll have to inspect my shirts to see if one of them has a hole that matches the one burned through my jacket.  I can’t recall any burning episode, so I don’t know exactly when it happened.  But I suspect the grinder that I used to cut off the key fobs from the steel rod was when it happened (See my post on December 21).  I had to look closely to make sure that the cut was square, and sparks flew from the cutting wheel on the angle grinder.  It’s amazing that I burned such a big hole in my jacket but had no idea that I was on fire!  Hey, often we have close calls in life without knowing how close they really were.  How many times does our guardian angel change a traffic light to red to keep us from encountering a drunk driver ahead?  Or we forget a cellphone and have to go back to retrieve it and miss a tragic accident by a minute?  The dear Lord knows every day of our lives!  And He keeps us safe until our final appointment with death.  Sound a little too farfetched?  Psalm 37:23, “The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.”  Are you content in the way that the Lord is leading you?  Are you trusting the Lord to lead you each day?  Think about it and thank Him right now.  Hey, I’m thanking the Lord for His protection each time that I poke my fingers out of that hole in my jacket!

No comments:

Post a Comment