Thursday, September 24, 2020

Benefits

 


When I was in college, I bought a whole life insurance policy from New York Life and Casualty Company (thank you, Brother Briggs King).  I held it for about ten years, finally cashing it in to pay the hospital bill for my second daughter.  A good decision, I must say.  So, my wife and I were looking at the policy to decide what to do and we discovered an unusual clause.  There were all of these accidents that would pay the full policy value or half the policy value.  If you lost one leg or one arm in an accident, you could receive half of the value of the policy.  If you lost both eyes, you could receive the full policy value.  And then the wording went on, one eye, one leg, one arm in various combinations - the complete benefits of the policy was all spelled out in perfectly gory detail.  I was tempted, but only a little.  Hey, David said in Psalm 103:2, “Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.”  Then David went on to list various benefits of God’s goodness.  When I accepted Jesus as my Savior as a six-year-old boy, I didn’t realize all of the benefits that I was getting.  What a bargain I made back in 1956!  Hey, have you accepted Jesus as your Savior?  He has countless benefits - much more than New York Life ever dreamed of.  Jesus is well worth the decision.  The best bargain that you’ll ever make!

No comments:

Post a Comment