Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Honesty

 


In 1955, I lived next door to Richard.  He was one year younger than me and one year older than my brother, Phillip, so Richard fit right in with my family.  He has been a great friend for sixty-five years.  My mother baby sat Richard, and we had to take naps in the afternoon.  One particular afternoon, my mother heard noise back in the bedroom.  So she wisely said, “Are you boys asleep back there?”  And we naïvely answered back, “Yeah, we’re asleep.”  Gotcha!  Why is it so easy to catch children in their mischief?  Well, I think it’s because children are not so sophisticated and haven’t figured out how to get away with deceit.  It’s wise for parents to teach their little ones early on to be honest.  Solomon said in Proverbs 12:22, “Lying lips are abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly are his delight.”  Hey, teach your children to be truthful.  Teach them to honor God.  You’ll be glad that you did, they will be glad that you did, and the dear Lord will be glad that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment