Sunday, September 6, 2020

Holes


I have a drawer in my dresser in the bedroom that I have designated, “work clothes.”  I have t-shirts on the left and jeans on the right.  So, today, I got down a little deeper into my stack of jeans than I have in a while.  The pair that I put on had a hole in the leg just above the knee.  My first thought was, “I need to sew up this hole.”  But then I remembered that holes are in style.  Actually, many folk buy jeans that come pre-holed.  Is that even a word?!  It is now!  So, instead of being embarrassed, I should feel chic.  Hey, in today’s culture things are upside down.  Today, behaving as you should is often mocked, while behaving risqué is in style.  Paul said in Romans 14:16, “Let not then your good be evil spoken of.”  Don’t be afraid of doing the right thing with the right intentions.  Don’t try to fit into the counter-culture; fit into God’s culture.  After all, pleasing God is its own reward.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment