Friday, September 11, 2020

Wire Nuts or Ear Plugs

 


Yesterday I went to Lowe’s for stuff.  You know … just stuff.  I picked up a light switch and a cover plate and saw some orange earplugs hanging conveniently nearby.  So I grabbed them too.  But when I got to the checkout counter, I discovered that the earplugs were actually orange wire nuts.  I’m not sure if it was my aging eyes or just plain carelessness, but it would not have been a good thing to push those wire nuts into my ears!  Hey, have you ever been disappointed by something that you had mistaken for something else?  You thought you were putting sour cream onto your baked potato at the salad bar, but it was whipped cream you were piling on?!  Hey, Satan uses the “bait and switch” trick often.  You think you are getting something exciting, but it is actually a trap to enslave your soul.  Solomon knew the disappointment of Satan’s lies.  He said in Proverbs 23:32, “At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.”  Don’t be disappointed; don’t fall for Satan’s lies.  If he is selling it, don’t buy it.  Like my wire nuts for ear plugs, don’t be mistaken.  Trust the good, good Lord; He will never let you down!

No comments:

Post a Comment