Monday, September 7, 2020

Wool Dryer Balls


My daughter bought us six 100% wool dryer balls.  They’re supposed to eliminate the need for fabric dryer sheets and fabric softener in the washer to keep us “chemical free”.  But they just don’t work.  If I just use the wool balls and don’t use fabric softener, the clothes come out staticky.  When we first tried to use the wool balls without fabric softener, I got my nylon basketball shorts out of the dryer, but they stuck to my legs.  When I sat down on the bed, I felt like I was sitting on something.  I stood up and looked on the bed, and nothing was there.  But I did have a sock stuck to my fanny by static electricity.  I always find a dryer ball in one of my jean legs when I’m folding them.  When I pull out a towel from the dryer, those dryer balls tumble all over the basement floor.  When I empty the dryer, I count the wool balls.  If I don’t count six, I go looking for one that escaped.  I bring the basket of dried clothes upstairs to fold and always find a wool ball at the bottom of the basket.  Usually when I put my wife’s blouses or my shirts in the dryer, I put in a dryer sheet too … AND the six wool dryer balls.  But Why don’t I just get rid of them?!  I suppose I keep them for the same reason that I used to put childish coloring pictures up on the refrigerator: they are both from my daughter.  So, I’ll just continue to use them, thank you very much.  Psalm 127:3-5, “Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD … As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them.”  My quiver holds four arrows (children) but there is room for a few more (grandchildren), If you know what I mean.  :<)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment