Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Grafted In


When I was young, I was fascinated with science.  Hey, I am still fascinated with science!  When I read about grafting in Miss Highdecker’s eighth grade science class, I was determined to graft a peach bud collected from our front yard onto a maple tree in our back yard.  But what I didn’t understand was that I had to graft a peach bud onto a peach tree or a maple bud onto a maple tree.  As found in Genesis 1, trees and animals reproduce “after their own kind.”  Actually, “after their own kind” is mentioned ten times in Genesis 1.  So, unfortunately, my grafting didn’t work.  But hey, the good Lord tells us that we can be grafted into God’s forever family (Romans 11:11-24).  Although we are not of the nation of Israel, we can be grafted into God’s spiritual family.  Hey, have you trusted Jesus as your Lord and Savior?  If you have, you have also been grafted into God’s forever family.  Welcome into the family, brother, welcome to the family.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment