Sunday, September 13, 2020

Elephant Ears


I was over at a dear friend’s house and bragged on her elephant ears.  No, no, don’t even go there!  She went straight to her garage, got a shovel, and dug up a root for me.  I planted it in a neglected corner near our deck, and it grew pretty well, but I kept forgetting to water it.  So I came up with this brilliant idea:  I got a section of PVC pipe and extended the drain line from our air conditioner over to my elephant ears.  Boom!  Problem solved!  Instead of a muddy damp area near the air conditioner, the elephant ears drinks up the water.  Instead of thirsty elephant ears, the air conditioner faithfully waters my elephant ears every day.  A win, win!  And now my elephant ears are huge!  I am the envy of the neighborhood.  Well, almost.  The key to my “green thumb” is that my elephant ears are connected directly to the source.  Hey, that’s true of my spiritual life too.  I am weak and powerless in my daily life if I don’t read my Bible and pray first thing in the morning.  We are weak in our collective lives at church because we are not connected DAILY to our power source: our heavenly Father.  God’s promise is clear in Jeremiah 33:3, “Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.”  Hey, don’t be a weak Christian; go to the source of power.  Go to God in prayer.  He will never let you down.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment