Saturday, September 19, 2020

Mud


When I was about ten years old, my dad had a basement dug when he built the second half of our house in Maryland.  He had the dirt from the basement spread out to level up our back yard.  But with the first rain of spring, our “new” back yard turned into a mud pit.  But for us four boys, it was heaven.  When I stepped into the mud, I lost my shoe, and I had to reach down into the mud to retrieve it.  More fun.  So we took off our shoes and wadded into the mud.  When my mother saw us, she was at first shocked, then angry, and then laughing.  After letting us play for a while, she hosed us off in the new basement stairwell.  Hey, King David could relate to getting stuck in the mud.  But what David was stuck in was more like quicksand.  He said in Psalm 40:1&2, “I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.”  David was not having fun like we were.  In fact, David despaired for his very survival.  But the dear Lord rescued David, restored David, and set David on his way.  Have you ever been in a sticky situation?  Have you struggled to get out?  God is much better at getting you out of difficult places than you are.  Why not surrender to the dear Lord and let Him get you out?  He will rescue you and put your feet on solid ground.  Let Jesus take control of your life and rest in Him!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment