Saturday, September 12, 2020

Love for God

 


Last Sunday evening, I was visiting with one of my great-nephews.  Little Tanner is not quite three and he is a delight to be around.  Full of energy, getting into everything, Tanner is very active.  He seemed to enjoy Uncle Gerald, and Uncle Gerald enjoyed him.  We were near my sister-in-law’s flower garden, so I told Tanner to pick a flower for his mother.  I wasn’t worried about my sister-in-law; Tanner could get away with anything.  So Tanner picked a petunia for his mother.  Never mind that he picked only the bloom with no stem; his heart was in the right place.  And when he presented the flower to his mother, Carmen just melted.  Hey, often we are just like Tanner.  What can we give to God that He cannot make for himself?  Nothing.  But when we come to God with our praise and adoration, God’s heart just melts, because He loves us so much.  We can bring joy to the Master of the Universe!  David said in Psalm 111:1, “… I will praise the LORD with my whole heart …”  Even though we can bring nothing to the table, we can bring praise and love and worship.  But after all, isn’t that why God created us?  He is happy in receiving our love, and we are happy in giving our love.  Hey, let’s just praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment