Monday, May 9, 2022

24 Time Zones


I was up last night for a little while … just long enough to make me fully awake and not able to go back to sleep.  As I lay in bed thinking (not a good way to get back to sleep), I thought of me trying to sleep while friends in Cameroon, Romania, and Ireland were wide awake going about their business in mid-morning.  Then I thought of friends in Vietnam and the Philippines who were winding down their day getting ready for bed.  And the dear Lord was watching over them and me as we were in our various places around the globe.  Hey, Jesus said that when He would come suddenly the second time, some would be working in the fields, some would be grinding at the mill, and some would be sleeping.  I’m sure that Dr. Luke had no idea of the globe with the 24 time zones when he recorded what Jesus said in Luke 17, but Jesus did!  When Jesus returns triumphantly to the earth, some will be waking up, some will be going to bed, and some even sleeping.  But all of the saints will hear the shout of the archangel and rise up to meet the Lord in the air.  And as Paul said in I Thessalonians 4:18, “Wherefore comfort one another with these words.”  I am glad that I will not miss that event!  But … will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment