Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Shouting


Last Saturday, I had my twelve-year old grandson Bennett in the car going to Chick fil-A for lunch with his nine-year-old cousin Greyson.  Bennett asked, “Granddaddy, can we stop by Walmart and look at the Hot Wheels?”  I thought for a second, but Bennett interrupted my thoughts with “GRANDDADDY, CAN WE STOP BY WALMART AND LOOK AT THE HOT WHEELS?”  Since he shouted exactly what he had first said, I had a suspicion.  So, I asked Bennett, “Did Marmie tell you that you had to speak up if I didn’t hear you?”  Bennett answered, “Yes.”  Hey, could the dear Lord be speaking to you, and you just aren’t hearing Him?  If you had a bad day, God might be trying to speak to you.  Have you had a financial reversal?  The Lord might be speaking to you.  Do you have difficulties with your spouse AND your children AND your boss?  The Holy Spirit may be trying to tell you something.  Hey, you need to respond to the dear Lord like little Samuel did when God spoke to him at night.  Samuel said to the Lord in I Samuel 3:10, “… Speak; for thy servant heareth.”  God wants to have a close relationship with you, but He may have a hard time getting through to you.  Don’t make Him have to shout.  Don’t make the Lord resort to drastic measures.  And, yes, Bennett and I did stop by Walmart.  After all, his granddaddy is a sucker.

No comments:

Post a Comment