Sunday, May 15, 2022

Picking Teams


In school, I wasn’t that athletic.  Wait, I wasn’t athletic at all … and I’m still not athletic.  In elementary school at recess, the two best players were always captains.  They were Robert D. and Jared M.  The captains took turns picking their team, and I was always next to the last one picked.  When Davy P. was absent, I WAS the last one picked.  But when I trusted in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, He picked me!  He didn’t pick me because He had to.  Jesus didn’t pick me because I was talented or handsome, He chose me simply because He wanted to.  And when I picked Jesus, He had already picked me, from the foundation of the worlds!  Jesus said in John 15:16, “Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.”  I am so glad that I am part of God’s forever family.  Hey, are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment