Friday, May 27, 2022

Defective Part


I was outside working in the driveway this afternoon when a delivery truck dropped off my new wood lathe. I had been working with a cheap Chinese lathe that frustrated me each time that I used it. I had it a week and I had to replace the on/off switch. It was so light weight that I had to use four clamps to clamp it to my workbench (to reduce vibrations) and stack on two heavy pieces of scrap Granite countertop for extra weight. Finally, I ordered a new lathe … a new, better, Chinese lathe. Oh, well. It was supposed to be delivered the end of next week, but it came early. Can you believe that?! An early delivery! I opened the wooden crate, got the pieces out, and put it together. But, wouldn’t you know it, a locking pin on the tool-rest was defective, I couldn’t lock the tool rest, so I couldn’t use my new lathe. I had to call the customer service number (in California, not in China) and order a replacement. Not being able to use my new tool reminded me of the Christmas that I got a new bicycle, but it snowed! And then two years later at Christmas, I got a new sled, but we didn’t have snow for a month! Solomon said in Ecclesiastes 7:8, “… the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.” My new tool will still be waiting for me when the new locking pin arrives. I just need to be patient. Hey, I just remembered the verse that says, “tribulation worketh patience.” Not a good verse for me to think about today.

No comments:

Post a Comment