Friday, May 27, 2022

Musical Rests


I started playing the trumpet in the fourth grade and continued through college.  I played the French horn, baritone, and sousaphone as well.  Learning to read the musical notes was important but learning to observe musical rests was just as important.  Musical rests create an anticipation of the coming notes.  Hey, when my dear wife went into kidney failure my life went on hold right with her.  We can’t travel because she has dialysis MWF here in Ringgold.  But kidney disease didn’t take God by surprise.  Our pause in life is only a “musical rest” that has created an anticipation for what is coming next.  Hey, because of this pause in my life, I am able to write thought-provoking posts for facebook!  I am at home typing during my “rest”.  Paul said in II Corinthians 4:17, “For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.”  God is in charge of my life, and God is in charge of your life.  Use the pauses in your life to reflect and to prepare for your next assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment