Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Obedience


I was asked to speak in chapel Tuesday at Calvary Christian school.  I had a great time, and the children seemed to enjoy it.  We sang “Obedience is the very best way, to show that you believe” and then I told the story of “Owen Obeys”.  What a great concept for children to master when they are young.  I explained that children need to learn to obey parents, teachers, police officers, pastors, but most of all, the Lord Jesus Christ.  Most of us do not want to obey.  We like to be independent.  I know that I like to be independent!  But learning obedience will help us to grow a tender heart.  King Saul had a hard heart.  He rebelled against God’s authority, and his rebellion cost him his kingdom.  The old prophet, Samuel, said in I Samuel 15:22, “… Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.”  Perfectly said!  Hey, it’s much better to obey than to make amends after disobedience.  I pray that our children learn obedience when they are young.  Think about it.  Hey, right now might be a good time for YOU to commit to obey the good Lord.  You’ll be glad that you made that commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment