Friday, May 13, 2022

Attention to Detail


I really like my Land’s End fleece slippers.  My feet get cold in the winter, and my slippers keep my toes nice and toasty.  My wife got them for me for Christmas.  She was going to get me “My Pillow” slippers, but they were out of size 11, but Land’s End is a good second-best.  I had worn them for a few days (too long to return them) when I noticed a problem.  Fleece is the natural skin of sheep and has a knap in one direction.  It’s like a cowlick on your scalp (I’m having trouble thinking of slippers made with my scalp).  A careless worker cut the right slipper with the knap going down and the left slipper with the knap going up.  They both feel the same, but they look a little different.  A worker at Land’s End wasn’t watching what he was doing when he cut out my slippers from the sheep hide.  He reversed the pattern to save an inch of leather but made an inferior product in the process.  I don’t think he will get a promotion this year.  Solomon said in Proverbs 21:5, “The thoughts of the diligent tend only to plenteousness; but of every one that is hasty only to want.”  Attention to detail will get you a promotion.  Carelessness will get you fired.

No comments:

Post a Comment