Monday, May 23, 2022

Mirror Problems


This morning we went to dialysis, and I had a panic moment.  Let me explain.  We have a steep driveway that curves around behind our house so that we can have wheelchair access to the car.  So, I must use the electric mirror controls to lower the driver side mirror to see to back up the driveway.  When I get halfway up, I lower the mirror again so that I can see the edge of the driveway as I back around the corner and up a steeper part.  So, this morning on the way to dialysis, I moved the mirror back up to see while driving on the road, but the mirror didn’t work.  I tried to move it left and right, but nothing.  Hey, I need that mirror!  I would have to take it to the Toyota dealership and pay top dollar to get it fixed.  They might have to order an electronic part that might take weeks to arrive with the supply-chain problems.  My mind was already thinking of $500 to repair the mirror … when I remembered another switch just above the mirror controls.  This other switch toggles between the left and the right mirrors.  Yesterday, my daughter had driven my car and toggled to the right mirror.  In the dark this morning, I had been moving the right mirror but looking at the left mirror … which was not moving at all.  Duh!  I had panicked for nothing!  David said in Psalm 20:7, “Some trust in chariots, and some in horses (and some in car mirrors): but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.”  I could have saved myself a lot of grief by trusting in the dear Lord for my mirror problems.  My problem was that I jumped to worry BEFORE trusting in the Lord.  A good reminder to self: trust God and then worry.  Or better yet, just trust God.

No comments:

Post a Comment