Monday, December 5, 2022

A Mouse n the House


 

I was digging into our “snack drawer” in the kitchen a week ago when I noticed someone had been nibbling on a pop tart foil wrapping.  I knew that neither me nor my wife like to eat through the foil wrapper to get to a pop tart, so it must have been a mouse.  My wife was horrified!  I emptied the contents of the drawer into a box (the nibbled packages into the trash can) and set two traps.  We waited four days, and at 4am the morning of the fourth day, my wife woke me.  She had heard a snapping noise.  I opened the drawer, and there it was: a mouse in the trap.  I took a picture for evidence (my wife told me not to put it on facebook.  Don’t tell her that I did).  She said that she felt sorry for the little mouse, but I had no remorse.  She said that it was cold outside, but I reminded her that we had not invited the mouse into our warm house.  I also reminded her that the mouse had birdseed under the bird feeder to eat and warm grass to hide in.  She still had pity until I asked her if I should have let it live in our snack drawer.  She immediately came over to the dark side.  “Set more traps,” she said.  Hey, I’m glad that the dear Lord opened his heavenly home to me many years ago.  Like the mouse, I was a little beggar with nothing to give to the Lord when He took me in.  And unlike a drawer in the kitchen, Jesus offered me a mansion in glory!  He said in John 14:2&3, “In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.”  Hey, have you accepted God’s offer of eternal life?  Have you accepted God’s offer of a home in heaven?  If not, today would be a great day to do so.  Don’t stay out in the cold.  Accept the dear Lord while you can.  You’ll be glad that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment